Good morning glamazons! Hopefully this post finds you all in good health. If for some reason, however, you’re like me and caught a winter bug – fear not! I am here to tell you how to kick that cold in no time… in your cutest platform heels if you please.
1. Vitamize and energize: Ok, ok so vitamize isn’t a real word, but it makes sense if you think about it! When your body is trying to fight the pathogens causing the illness, you need to fill up on healthy, vitamin rich foods. Or if you are a picky eater like myself, take a daily vitamin supplement. Also, motivate yourself to get some exercise. While it may be the last thing you feel like doing, even a short walk outside can give you a much needed energy boost.
2. Get cheeky: When we don’t feel our best we typically don’t look our best. Being sick tends to leave our faces with less natural color, making the skin look pale and sallow. To brighten things up, use a thick powder brush to dab some blush on the apples of your cheeks. Even if you don’t wear blush regularly, add it to your beauty regimen at least until you are feeling back to normal. I promise it will make a huge difference.
3. Step away from the sweatpants: I understand that you want to be cozy when you don’t feel well, but that is no excuse to dress like a slob. While I will admit that I am as much of a fan of Victoria’s Secret loungewear as the next girl, I must advise that you reserve your casual wear to the confines of your apartment. Instead of going grunge, opt for comfy chic. Pair a slouchy cardigan with trouser jeans and flat moccasins. Or try an oversized sweater and a thick scarf with skinny jeans. Still comfortable, just considerably cuter.
4. Pamper yourself: You’re supposed to drink eight glasses of water each day and get eight hours of sleep each night, but if we’re being serious, that hardly ever happens. Well now is the time to make sure that it does. This seems like a no brainer, but with our demanding schedules, these simple efforts can be forgotten. Carry a water bottle with you throughout the day, and in the evening, unwind with a lavender-infused bath and hit the sheets early.
5. Bring a cure on the go: The world doesn’t stop just because you’re sick. (Although wouldn’t it be great if it did?!) For the glamazon on the go, pack a small makeup bag with the following travel-sized items: pack of tissues, antibacterial hand sanitizer and hand cream. Depending on your illness, you may also want to add lip balm, cough drops and OTC pain medication. That way you can be combating the symptoms of your cold all day long.
And that’s all there is to it my glamour queens. Now get your booties out of bed. It’s time to be fabulous.